Matthew 6:16

"When you fast, do not look gloomy..."

Friday, April 1, 2011

I Wonder...

(I share this video because I was reminded of it when Jesus said to walk while we have the light and to not let the darkness overtake us)
I wonder what Mary was thinking when she anointed the feet of Jesus.  Was she frightened of being criticized, or did she think those there might and say to herself "what. EVer." ?   Maybe it didn't even occur to her that it would cause a fuss.  Perhaps she imagined that others would join her and offer gifts to the Lord, and all there was needed was for someone to go first, like with applause.  (Have you ever noticed that if one person claps, usually at least a few others will join in?)  Either way, she was brave and generous.

I also wonder where I would have stood in the crowd when Jesus entered Jerusalem on Palm Sunday.   Would I have been waving a palm and hailing him, or would I have been shock like the Pharisees.   It's easy to say now, after he is risen, that I would have worshipped him.   But would I?

No comments:

Post a Comment